Monday, June 21, 2010

BLOG 2

In my literacy class I was assigned to read two journals and write a reflection on them. One of the articles I chose was "Picture Books; Reading Aloud" by Denise Johnson. In this article the writer wrote about how reading aloud to children is effective and why it is so important. I found this article on a link that was posted by the teacher. The writer of the article was I believe another teacher. The main purpose of this article is to explain the importance of reading aloud to children and using picture books. She also posts other links to websites that provide quality children literature. I believe this article was meant for other teachers or people wanting to become a teacher because it gives important tips that a teacher could use when teaching a student how to become more comfortable with reading. The writer does not use any specific slang or terms directed to any certain group, and she writes persuasively in such a way that she wants to encourage you to follow the advice she is giving. I did not notice there being a larger debate or controversy on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment