Monday, July 19, 2010

BLOG 6

I spent some time searching the web looking for job openings related to my major. I am majoring in Elementary Education and through-out the summer I have applied with the Harrison County School District for a teacher assistant position. If I get the job to be a teacher assistant this upcoming semester I will be able to work full-time in the profession I am studying while taking full-time online classes. It would be a great hands on learning opportunity and I really hope that I get it. I looked on the USM website and found that there is going to be a teacher job fair on October 11, 2010. I will definitely plan on attending.
Some of the skills and qualifications that prospective employers/principals would be looking for would be someone with college hours studying education. They might also look for someone that has a back round working with kids in a form of child care. The would also look for a reliable individual with a good work ethic.
For me to apply for the teacher assistant position I would want it to be know that I have my associates degree in educations, have a 3.2 gpa, and that I have been working with pre-school age children for the past four and a half years.

No comments:

Post a Comment